How to add custom indicators to Metatrader 4 Charts
Written by Aboutcurrency
This tutorial shows you how to add custom indicators to your Metatrader 4 platform. Just follow the steps below and take a look at the pictures for better understanding.
1. Close Metatrader4 platform.
2. Find the Metatrader4 custom indicators stored on your local computer, for example on your desktop. (see picture 1)
3. Go to programs > Metatrader4> experts>indicators
4. Copy your custom indicators in the indicators folder. (picture 2)
5. Restart MT4 platform and add the custom indicators to your chart(s) by simply selecting a chart, then double-click on the custom indicator in the Custom Indicators folder and the indicator should appear on the selected chart. (picture 3)
Picture 1: Custom indicators are located on your desktop
Picture 2: Locate the Metatrader indicator folder on your computer and copy the files into it.
Picture 3: Two ways to add a custom indicator to your Metatrader charts
1) Click: Insert>Custom> select custom indicator
2) Use the Navigator to add the custom indicator (drag & drop)
How to open the navigator? Click View, then click Navigator
Any articles, systems, strategies, reviews, ratings, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website, by Aboutcurrency.com, its partners or contributors, is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. Aboutcurrency.com will not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.
Risk Disclosure: Trading forex on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.